Pace ADA Paratransit Service Guide
For Riders in the City of Chicago:
Customer Guide - Chicago
Guide for New Riders - Chicago
Frequently Asked Questions - Chicago
For Riders in the Suburbs:
Customer Guide - Suburbs
Guide for New Riders - Suburbs
Frequently Asked Questions - Suburbs
For all ADA Paratransit Riders:
highlights the differences between what Pace's paratransit driver can do, compared to what your
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) can do.
helps explain the roles and responsibilities of the Pace paratransit driver.
If you need any of these documents in an alternative format not already
provided, please contact Pace Customer Relations.
Pace Will Not Strand Paratransit Riders
Pace will never leave you stranded away from your home if you were scheduled
for a paratransit ride that day. If you miss a trip, you have several options
available to you:
- Call the 24/7 ADA Paratransit Assistance Reservation Line at 1-800-606-1282,
Option #3 (or TTY: 1-708-339-4062) and reserve a new ride. Pace's goal is
to pick you up within 2 hours of receiving the call if the missed trip is the
result of a medical appointment.
- Call or hail a taxicab and pay with a Taxi Access Program
(TAP) card (Chicago only).
- Ride a fixed route bus or train, which is cheaper than paratransit and allows
you to be on your way quickly.
Helpful Hints for Scheduling Trips
- If you have an appointment, be sure that the reservations agent knows of
your appointment time so that they can schedule your trip appropriately. When
advising your appointment time, be sure to allow yourself enough time to get
from the vehicle to the actual appointment. Example: If you have to be at work
or have a medical appointment at 9:00 a.m., but will need fifteen (15) minutes
to get to your desk or to sign in, tell customer service that your appointment
is at 8:45 a.m.
- Doctor's appointments are always late! When making return reservations,
please schedule the return trip to leave yourself plenty of time to meet the
vehicle on time.
- Customers who would like to cancel a trip must contact their carrier directly
at least two (2) hours before the scheduled pick-up time to avoid the trip being
classified as a late-cancelled trip.
- Same-day trip changes will only be permitted if two (2) hours' notice
is provided and the carrier's schedule can accommodate the desired change.
- A pick up scheduled for noon is considered "on-time" if Pace's
vehicle arrives by 12:20 p.m. so please plan accordingly.
For a full copy of the policy, to find out if you qualify for free rides on
fixed route buses, or for information about Pace's TAP program (Chicago only),
call 1-847-364-7223, Option 3.
Save Our Contact Information
Pace Customer Service: 1-847-364-7223 (Option 3)
24/7 ADA Paratransit Assistance Reservation Line: 1-800-606-1282,
Option #3 (or TTY: 1-708-339-4062)
RTA Trip Planning 1-312-836-7000