Ventra Vending Machines
To make it easier to get and reload your Ventra Card, Pace has installed
a number of vending machines throughout the suburbs. In addition to buying passes
and reload Ventra accounts at hundreds of retail stores and CTA rail stations,
online at VentraChicago.com
or by phone at 877.NOW.VENTRA, Pace has installed Ventra vending machines at
the following locations:
- Harvey (Transportation Center at 154th Street and Park Avenue),
- Chicago Heights (Transportation Center at 1620 Vincennes Avenue),
- Elgin (Transportation Center at 102-06 W. Chicago Street),
- Aurora (Transportation Center at 233 N. Broadway),
- Waukegan (transfer location on Sheridan Road, north of Washington Street),
- Joliet (Union Station at 50 Jefferson Street)
- Schaumburg (Northwest Transportation Center at Kimberly Dr and Martingale
- Des Plaines (Metra station at 1501 Miner St)
- Aurora/Naperville (Route 59 Metra Station at 1090 N. Route 59)
- Niles (Golf Mill Shopping Center, entrance 8)
These machines make it even more convenient for Pace riders to use Ventra.
At any vending machine, customers can reload transit value, load Pace or CTA
passes to their account, check their balance, and even get a new card. The machines
take cash and credit/debit cards. Riders eligible for reduced or student fares
are automatically able to load the reduced fare products to their accounts at
any vending machine.
In addition to the vending machine locations listed above (and at every CTA
rail station), loading transit value or passes to your Ventra Card can also
occur at Ventra retailers. To find the nearest Ventra retailer to you, visit
Ventra Locations and look up locations by ZIP code.
Riders with smartphones can now use the
has all the functionality of the vending machine, but fits right in your pocket!
Pace, CTA and Metra worked together on development of the Ventra App, which
allows customers to buy passes, add transit value and manage their Ventra account,
as well as purchase and display mobile Metra passes and tickets using Ventra
transit value and/or bankcards.